Playing butterflies card

I think for the first time I made cards that wasn't for someone I already had in mind. All these birthdays/special occasions coming up and I wanted to have some nice cards ready.
I made a bunch of the bottom card with different sentiments. The top card was a kind of demo card. I made it, I liked it and then mass produced it - I made like five cards!
I used "Garden in Bloom" stamping set, brick wall embossing folder and I used daffodil delight, marina mist and rish razzleberry ink pads from Stampin' up! I used yellow metal thread from a jewelry kit and I used one of my mum's dies to cut out the sentiment on the bottom card.
I cut out the butterflies with scissors and put dimensional stickers on the card where I wanted the butterflies placed, but before placing the butterflies I pierced the metal thread through the dimensional stickers, with a tool I made a small "fish hook" on the end bits of the thread so that they can't be pulled or slip out again. I then placed the butterflies on top of the stickers. It was very easy and I like having the thread indicating butterflies swirling around in the air. I think this card could benefit from having a green card base, maybe stamp the sentiment in green too, but I also like it as it is. :)

Cards are from the 27th September 2016.


Comments

Popular Posts