Picture Perfect

I was inspired by Brandy's hummingbird card when making this card. I used Picture Perfect stamping set, sparkle textured embossing folder, Pool Party and Crumb Cake cardstock by Stampin' up!
I like the way Brandy added more wings and tail to the hummingbird. It makes the bird come alive and it was very fun to stamp and cut! The hummingbird is a multi stamp process where you start with the base of the bird (the blue) and then you add details on to that. I stamped 5 birds and only one was good, so it takes a bit of practice to get completely perfect. If you have no patience you might want use some tools to make it perfect. like MISTI or a stamp-a-ma-jig. Misti is very expensive in UK (I am sure it can be found cheaper elsewhere), I am not sure if it is worth it, but my craft aunt raves about it so must be good. It is however much cheaper in America.
I like this card but I would probably reorganize it next time. I think it would be more eye pleasing if the bow lined up with the bottom or top of the sentiment. Beautiful sentiment too "Dream without fears, love without limits.". I am considering using it in my wedding invitation. Stampin' up! makes in my opinion the best sentiments for card making and scrapbooking. :)

Card is from 27th September 2016.

Comments

Popular Posts