Where's my cake?!? birthday card

Yes, Where is the cake?!? Chill out, it's on it's way.. by hot air balloon. :)

I couldn't resist making this card out of the Lift me up stamp set. The sentiment is from the Tasty trucks stamp set (page 12) and is only available by spending £45 on Stampin' Up! products and you can get it for free! This will last until end of March 2017.

I used following items for this card:
It seems like a lot of stuff, but you could do all the stamping in one colour and it would still look good. I had a piece of scrap from the Carried away DSP as banner. It doesn't have to be. It could be Smoky slate or scrap from Cupcakes and carousels DSP. This is why I love Stampin' Up! products; it is so easy to match.  

I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp with to make sure cupcake was stamped perfectly. It works absolutely wonders. I don't think I can live without this gadget. I also used scissors to cut out the balloon and used stampin dimensionals to make it pop. By tilting the white cardstock it makes it looks like the balloon is in motion I like that. 

I added a bit of baker's twine because it is so easy to work with. I am rubbish at tying bows. I can't do it like everyone else does it. I do it just like my sister taught me it when I was like 5. I still remember it: "You make one doggy ear with one string. Do the same with the other string and tie them together in a knot. Ta dah!" I bet the person who invented the wheel had same feeling inside as me in that exact moment - and from that day I could go rollerskating without bothering my parents.  

Card is from the 15th February 2017.

Comments

Popular Posts